Leading others in Jesus’ name is hard work. Are you up for the challenge?
The Leaders In Training Experience, “LITE” at Camp Istrouma is an opportunity to glorify God, work hard, and pour yourself out for campers, staff and each other. Know that being an LITE is a serious commitment, and challenging but very rewarding experience. We hope that you will put much thought and prayer into your decision, as you consider applying to be a part of this ministry.
OUR GOAL: Our desire at Camp Istrouma is Developing Disciples, Forming Friendships, and Impacting Lives Forever through the Transforming power of Jesus. The purpose of Camp Istrouma is to provide a fun, safe, outdoor environment where kids learn from the staff to glorify God in every area of life. Developing relationships with these children is at the forefront of everything we do, in order that we may minister to their spiritual, emotional, and physical needs through our actions and when needed use words. Parents send their children to summer camp because they know that the time and influence of the staff and LITEs greatly influence the tone and direction of a child’s life. It is a high calling to do this work.
MORE THAN JUST A CAMPER: The LITE program is not your typical week at camp. LITEs focus on Christian growth through Christ-like service (see Philippians 2). The program is designed to encourage your personal growth in Christ, challenge you to be a Godly leader wherever you are, and teach and prepare you to minister to and serve others. In addition to serving campers, we seek to help our LITEs continue to grow in Christ and in His word while they are at camp – by building close friendships as we study and live God’s word, pray and worship together.
COMMITMENT: The LITE Program is a time to intentionally engage relationships with others, God’s word, and His creation. Life is different at camp, where we either adopt certain behaviors or give them up for the sake of the goal. Every policy has a purpose – to honor God and to protect this community. Restrictions on technology, clothing, and time are made in light of what is good for you and for the community as a whole. These limitations will enhance your experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES: LITEs will be trained to minister to and serve others through Biblical teaching, Bible study and plenty of hands-on experience. Each individual will be presented valuable leadership lessons through assisting counselors with campers in all areas of camp life – such as helping at activities, helping set-up, serve and clean up all camp meals, as well as various other responsibilities around camp. LITEs will get to be involved in –swimming, fishing, lake area, rock climbing, games, riflery/archery, and much more while serving our campers.
WHAT WE EXPECT Expectations for our LITEs:
- Obedience to and cooperation with camp leadership
- A sincere effort to work as a considerate team member
- Growth in Christ by having private and corporate devotional time
- Good stewardship of time, speech, appearance, health, and the facility at Camp Istrouma
- Understanding that LITEs will be performing a responsible assignment with the welfare and care of campers as their foremost interest
- To be present and useful at all times
- To set an example to the campers and others of what it means to be a person that lives to honor God.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all camp policies.
We are excited about your interest in joining us in this transformative ministry of summer camp. If you are interested in applying, please complete this application as soon as possible. Positions can fill quickly. Once we have received your application and reference forms, we will contact you as soon as we can to setup a phone interview.
“One generation shall commend Your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts.” Psalm 145:4
BEFORE YOU APPLY, please read the following requirements:
- You must be a follower of Jesus and have accepted Him as your Savior.
- Must strive to follow the teachings of Jesus and have displayed this in your life. (Philippians 3:12-14) We will check your social media or ask for references, so if you are uncomfortable with this then we recommend you not apply.
- Must strive to reflect Jesus’ character, conduct and commitments. (Ephesians 4:13)
When completing the application, it is very important that you take your time to read the directions carefully and respond with thoughtful and honest answers. Failure to do so can directly affect your chances of being accepted into the L.I.T.E Program at Camp Istrouma.